The estuary of Puerto Vallarta is an ecosystem that is connected to the sea, influenced by the steady inflow of saltwater and freshwater input from the upper basin, there are three species of mangrove found there and a variety of fauna, among which the herons, bats, crabs, fish, mollusks, raccoons and alligators.
On July 27th 2000, the estuary “El Salado” was enacted by Congress in the state of Jalisco, a Natural Protected Area (NPA) under the category of ecological conservation area.
- Maintaining and monitoring facilities.
- Management of habitat and reforestation.
- Population ecology of key species.
- Study population of mammals.
- Monitoring of indicators.
- Education and environmental awareness.
- Institutional cooperation.
Come and meet the biodiversity of this unique and important protected ecosystem immersed in the heart of Puerto Vallarta, navigate the slopes of the Ameca river to see and photograph wildlife in its natural state.
Tel: +52 (322) 226-2870 or +52 (322) 226+2879